Five Women Wearing the Same Dress
In Alan Ball’s hilarious comedy, Five Women Wearing the Same Dress, five very different bridesmaids find themselves hiding together in an upstairs bedroom, hoping to escape the wedding reception of a bride that — they soon realize — none of them really like! There is Meredith, the rebellious little sister of the bride; Frances a highly religious, but sweet cousin; Mindy, a blunt, good-hearted lesbian who is the sister of the groom; Georgeanne, a friend from high school whose marriage is falling apart; and Trisha, a jaded beauty whose pessimism and doubts about men are proved false when she meets Tripp Davenport, an usher at the wedding. In this cramped bedroom above the wedding, these five identically dressed women talk, laugh, argue, cry, console one another, and slowly become friends.
Showtimes | September 10, 11, 17, 18 @ 8pm & 12, 19 @ 3 pm
Sponsored by: Daniel Williams and Diane Cutler & Associated Radiologist of Flint
MEET THE CAST
- Grace Rosen is Meredith Marlowe: The bride’s rebellious, pot-smoking younger sister who is very sarcastic and much annoyed with the whole fiasco downstairs. Sporting an outwardly tough attitude, she has a lot of insecurity to hide. Bridesmaid.
- Amy Winchell Brainerd is Georgeanne Darby: Tracy’s “ugly sidekick” in high school and college. Has accepted the invitation to be a bridesmaid even though her relationship with Tracy is strained because Tracy’s boyfriend had once got her pregnant. Bridesmaid.
- Stephanie Banghart is Trisha: One of Tracy’s former friends with a supposed bad reputation; a jaded beauty. Bridesmaid.
- Devin Brant is Frances: The very naive and religious cousin of the bride. Bridesmaid.
- Erin Hoffman is Mindy McClure: The groom’s clumsy and outspoken lesbian sister. Bridesmaid.
- Heath Sartorius is Tripp Davenport (Griffen Lyle Davenport the Third): An usher who falls for Trisha. The only male seen in the show.
Please note that this production contains adult language, themes, and content…oh, and lots of humor!